Sunday 31 December 2017

New year's resolution? I'll pass

As I am writing this, it is still 2017 for 4 more hours. I actually love starting a fresh new year, in the same way that I love Mondays, the first day of the month, and the first book of a new series. I like the feeling of possibility, and that you can have a fresh start in your life any time that you want one.

The first day of a new year however, is arbitrary, a Human invention, and you can start new on a random Wednesday at 2pm if you want to. That's why I'm not a fan of new year's resolutions. It puts unnecessary pressure on you to change everything at once, and, even harder than that, to keep up all of those changes for a whole year.

The picture I have chosen for this year is one of my all time favourite items, a pillow. The humble pillow does so much for me. I put one between my legs to stop them cramping. Under an arm to get a more comfortable night's sleep. I cluster them around me when I'm spending the weekend in bed with Netflix. Pillows, I salute you. If you have not accepted pillows in to your life as a true companion, I suggest you do that in 2018, (but only if you want to of course).

For the year ahead, there are already some things I have agreed to do, and so I'll just carry on with those. Number 1: decrease my body fat. I promised my therapist I would keep on with the gym, and I will. Number 2: keep up with the exercise my physiotherapist asked me to do. I haven't actually managed to do them every day yet...but every other day is better than no days.

Whether you are out at a party, having drinks with friends, or spending a quiet evening alone, I wish you all the best, and a stress free year to come.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment