Sunday 3 July 2016

Out on the Town

It has now been over five weeks since I had my laparoscopy, and, FINALLY, I am feeling better. After weeks of bloating and hideous stomach aches, it all seems to have settled down in there. I still have occasional random pains, but the constant pain that I used to have day and night has now gone. The pains that I do have come and go in a matter of minutes rather than flooring me for an entire day.

One of my very favourite pastimes before I got ill was to go clubbing every Saturday. I absolutely adore dancing, and there's nothing I like better than to jump around for a good three or four hours. Since I don't drink any alcohol, I can commit to perfecting those killer moves.

Last night, I decided it was finally time to get back out there. It had been six months since I last went out dancing, and the groove needed to be unleashed. I had some panic over what to wear, since most of my dresses are still too small for me, but managed to find a suitable black dress, paired with my knee-high lace-up converse. As someone with hip dysplasia, heels are not really my thing, and converse are ace for dancing. You can get some fancy footwork done when you're not feeling the pinch in your toes or an ache in the arch.

I've heard many a women bemoan the fact that they have to go clubbing in high heels and would love to go out in a flat, comfortable shoe. Well, here's the thing ladies, YOU CAN. Join the flat shoe movement. I can guarantee you'll still have a good night, and men will not run from you in horror because you're not wearing stilettos.

Many years ago, I went to see Glee in concert at the O2, where they performed Safety Dance.

Safety Dance

Watch it, turn the volume up, and get jiggy with it in your livingroom, in your bedroom. If you're in bed, wave your hands around. It's good for what ails you, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment