Monday 25 July 2016

What I really, really need.

Some of you may been aware that I have put on a bit of weight since dealing with my severe endometriosis. I've mentioned it a few times...ok maybe more than a few.  It's just not on really. As a bonus for being really, cripplingly ill, I also get the bonus prize that only a quarter of my clothes (the baggy stuff that's now the tight stuff) still fit me.

Today I went to my first exercise class in about eight months. I spent five whole minutes squeezing into my zip-up sports vest, straining to hold the zip together so that I could get it closed. I put on a pair of shorts so tight I felt like I was being sliced up the arse crack.

Still, I made it through the class, which was a great achievement.

And then I got home, and had to get the vest off again. Which brings me to the title of this post. What I really, really need, is someone to call specifically for zip related help.

Just last year, I got stuck in a dress. I actually had to cut it off in order to escape, and it was a harrowing experience. I was not too fat, it was the dress that was wrong. If there had been a handy clothes-escaper to call, that dress would have been saved.

And so, I ask all you entrepreneurs out there. Start a service. Put out some dedicated people who will be there when someone is stuck in a dress, or a piece of ill-advised sports-wear. Do it for all the clothes that people have to cut themselves out of, and for all of us that have nearly dislocated a shoulder in our struggle to be free.

It's the right thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment