Tuesday 7 June 2016

Jean shopping - a woman's worst nightmare

Before I became horribly ill and started taking to my bed a lot, I used to be fit. Not just regular person fit, a person on their way to making fitness a cornerstone of their whole life sort of fit. I swam twice a week, I walked everywhere, I did zumba, rollerskating, badminton, dune trekking. And I loved it.

Since my operation on the 23rd, I have lost all control of the size of my stomach. It has now taken over. Half of my clothes don't fit, and those that do feel unflattering and tight.

Just before I am due to go away, the one pair of jeans I could still get in to has split at the thigh. Disaster. I went out to buy another pair, but of course all the jeans currently on sale are horrible, and not what I want. Worse, they don't bloody fit. As I kept getting larger and larger sizes brought to the changing room, I had a mini meltdown.

It did not end in me buying jeans. I'm going to sew the old ones up, and continue to wait for my stomach to stop being a blimp.



No comments:

Post a Comment