Saturday 25 June 2016

Revenge of the laparoscopy: part two

So way back on the 23rd of May I had a laparoscopy. This was to look into the chronic abdominal pain that I have been suffering for more than a year. I had already been x-rayed, MRI scanned, and had two exterior ultrasounds and a rather uncomfortable inner one, AND had a gastroscopy. So by this point you could say I was pretty committed to finding out what was going on in there.

Afterwards, I started to bloat up. All normal, part of the process, it will soon go down...so I was assured. This however, is not what happened. For three weeks, I continued to inflate. I could no longer wear any of my trousers, shorts or even skirts.

Out in Paphos, I decided to wear a bikini anyway. If anyone made a rude comment, I was just going to accuse them of committing a hate crime against a disabled person. I'm kind of sad that I still haven't had the opportunity to use the rant that I had planned.

I felt nauseous every day. As if I was full of food up to my neck. I just had to stop eating completely. In the end I had to turn to some strong laxative tea, having got nowhere with pharmacy recommended windease tablets, peppermint tea and fig juice.

It's now nearly one month after, and my stomach has gone down. It's still not as flat as it was, I think there's a new layer of fat on there, but at least it's not as tight as a newly-inflated football.

The real question is, did the removal of my endometriosis cure my pain? The short answer: no. I still have times where it feels like someone is stabbing me in the side with a rusty spoon. But I don't have all the fish-hook pulling pain, so there has been progress.

 I saw one of my doctors yesterday, and they were very pleased with how my scars are healing. Well ahead of schedule. Thank you aloe vera. Now I have to go for more blood tests, and give a few more samples....enough said.

Hope all my readers are enjoying your day, in sunshine or rain, good health or pain, we're all getting through life one day at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment