Thursday 23 June 2016

Never fear, Lisa is here! Normal service will resume.

I've not left you forever, I have returned, singed around the edges, tired, probably dehydrated from long hours in the airport, but mostly intact.

All four flights I took for this holiday were delayed. That's a serious amount of time spent in airports. I think I have waiting down to an art form now. The key is to cover small amounts of the airport in stages, taking extra time to have a sit, drink some water, and try to read. Avoid looking at the flight time screens, as these will only frustrate you.

Paphos was beautiful, more so than I remembered from my trip there 3 or so years ago. Everywhere there were trees in blossom, in white, pink and red. Every day the sky was empty and blue, the sun shining fiercely.

Days were spent reading by the pool, swimming when it got too hot. I managed to finish 9 books, a feat not done in years. I think this was aided by the very limited access I had to the internet, which I think was wholly a good thing.

Even with repeated applications of factor 50 lotion, I have slightly darkened. I don't tan well, but there's definitely some change when I look at the parts covered by my bikini, namely my very white bottom. Now I am home, and the sky is totally white with clouds, and it's going to rain any minute, so that tan will soon be gone again.

Still, I'm sitting in my lovely little flat, with all my comforts, and it's not bad at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment