Friday 3 June 2016

Sun, sea, and absolutely no sex

For the next few weeks, you will notice a distinct lack of blogging. That's because I will be sunning myself in Cyprus.

This is no club 18-30 wild holiday though (more's the pity), this is a sophisticated family gathering.

Since I'll be hanging out with my parents, a few aunts, an uncle, and a grandmother, I'll have to dial back my rage-against-the-machine demeanour and generally behave myself.

The parents are hopeful that some sun and general lounging in the sun will help to restore me to health. I think there's certainly no harm in trying that approach.

In honour of this holiday, I have purchased several bikinis, and intend to spend my time swimming in the private pool, sunbathing, and sleeping, with the occasional forage for food. If necessarily, I will play the invalid card to ensure that food is brought to me by a helpful family member.

My laparoscopy scars have healed up nicely. I think that's in no small part thanks to my religious application of aloe vera gel. That stuff is miracle cream. Rub it on everything. Though even if they are still in evidence, who cares? Better to have a scar than endometriosis growing away inside. The most annoying thing has been the bloating. My stomach has been like a football, and is just starting to get back to its old self. Really they should give you an after-surgery corset to help you fit into your clothes.




No comments:

Post a Comment