Friday 20 May 2016

Not having kids

Yet another relationship has come to an end. This time, because I don't want to have any children.

This has actually been a major problem over the last six years or so, and I can see it getting worse. As men hit their thirties, they are ready for their first born to be carried by someone else for nine months and then placed in their hands after the birth, but only for the fun stuff not for the cleaning or feeding. Whoops sounding a little bitter there. I'm sure not all men are like that...


People ask me why I don't want kids. Well, it just never happened for me. Simple as. And now I'm thirty, and perfectly happy without kids, and I have zero desire to have any. This is the part people cannot get their heads around. I JUST DON'T WANT ANY! You know, the same way you know if you would prefer to travel by car or sealed inside a lead box and dropped into a river, hoping you'll reach your intended destination.

Even if I did want to have children, the ship has sailed for me to carry them myself, but even that doesn't stop people from going on about it. I'm thinking about getting some slogan tees to hammer the message home, or maybe a tattoo across my stomach Insemination Not Welcome.

Please, let the next man I meet be charming, good in bed, and childfree for life. Or at least childfree until I replace him with a younger model.

No comments:

Post a Comment