Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Kodak whisperer

I am a great lover of technology. That might sound a little dodgy, but I don't mean like THAT. Well, only if it's a very attractive laptop...Anyways! I am a great believer that you should treat your machines with love and care, and respect. Otherwise, they will hold grudges against you, and generally wreak havoc on your life.

I have always been a little...eccentric shall we say, in this manner. I am the kind or person that thanks elevators and vending machines. That way, when the machines rise up against us, I will still have a few on my side, ready to take me up and down and give me snacks for an extortionate price.

Watching people mistreat machines causes me the kind of pain that I imagine most people reserve for small, injured children. I watch my mother pick up her laptop by the screen and I wail inside.

And so I did not expect my trusty, ancient Kodak all in one machine to turn against me. It has been my faithful companion for near a decade, printing, scanning, copying, truly a marvel of the modern age. Plus I got it free, as compensation for an ex-boyfriend running off with someone else and leaving this expensive bit of kit behind.

 It had been working perfectly, and now all it would say to me was could not scan, press ok to continue. No, not ok! I need you to scan! I have insurance claims to sort out! I have no end of doctor's invoices to submit! (31 in the last 12 months).

I searched high and low on the internet until I found an unlikely fix. It advised opening a paint program and telling the scanner to scan from there...make sense? Well reader, that is what I did, and, mercifully, it worked.

Still no idea as to why my scanner has decided to play hardball. Now I have to find some way to appease it...


No comments:

Post a Comment