Tuesday 10 May 2016

Winter can f**k right off

I have always hated winter. It's just pointless really. OK, so we get Christmas, which I adore and look forward to every year, but they only put Christmas in December so that we wouldn't all kill ourselves. I can picture the ancient tribal leaders of England and the Isles getting together.

"People are finding winter bloody hard going. They're losing their will to live."
"What about another sacrifice?"
"I think we need to go bigger. Something that will rally the people and help them to forget how crappy this country is for 9 months of the year. Otherwise, I fear we're going to see a mass exodus."

It's dark for most of the day. It's so cold you can barely move for layers of clothing. It's constantly raining or hailing, so you enjoy the great outdoors at your own risk. And then, if you're like me, your bones frikkin ACHE! It's something between feeling like my hip bones are breaking and/or dying. 

All of this is why (as soon as I find a way to make money) I'm going out to somewhere like California. I don't care if every day is the same. I will happily give up seasons if it means that I can wander around outside without a coat and the risk of severe frostbite.

It's just starting to get warm here now after being horrific since November. That's far too long to be wearing jumpers and extra socks. Plus no one can afford to pay for their heating any more. What we need is some kind of massive dome to keep the heat in. Perhaps someone can get hold of the money that Donald Trump was going to use for the giant wall, and send it this way. After all, we do have a "special relationship."


No comments:

Post a Comment